With around 10 years of continuous experience, I was previously an Urban Planner in Jordan before making the switch to Evaluation. As a full time employee and consultant, she has worked in the NGOs sector monitoring different projects funded by various groups. She has also developed strategies and M&E systems for multiple organizations as well as evaluated diverse projects and worked with various stakeholders, training and building capacities of staff and beneficiaries alike. In addition to her work, Sawsan is a member of various volunteer groups and a co-chair of Task Force 2 of EvalYouth and Co-Chair of EvalMENA EvalYouth Chapter. Sawsan has a masters in Urban Planning and Policy and a bachelors of Sociology from the American University of Beirut.
- Dynamic, engaging and energized team builder, working with public and private sectors while empowering and building the capacity of technical staff teams, senior managers, community representatives and consultants.
- Eloquent writer and editor for proposals, reports, evaluations, master plans, literature, websites and research topics in addition to owning developed analytical skills in quantitative and qualitative fields.
- Volunteering with EvalMENA, a co-chair in Task Force Two in EvalYouth, a co-chair in EvalMENA EvalYouth Chapter and a member with
- EvalJordan. Meeting regularly and working towards developing the evaluation field regionally and globally.
- Open to other cultures and communities while holding a diverse background due to an eclectic lifestyle in Kuwait, Sudan, Libya, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, USA, Canada and Jordan.
- Trainer in M&E content to multiple stakeholders (community and staff members) in addition to being a trained Community Organizer; supporting communities in taking leadership roles and strategizing.
- Engaging, managing and working with multiple teams to meet strenuous deadlines through focused multi-tasking and clear communication while submitting top-notch immediate and long-term deliverables on both macro and micro levels.
- Developed skills in Microsoft Office and the CRM system. Proficient usage of the internet. Fluent in both English and Arabic.